Hello, Brock - I really appreciated your presentation to the students on Kindness today The anti-bullying message imbedded in your talk caught the students’ attention because you did indeed speak from the heart to them. I was impressed with the students’ willingness to offer their thoughts on the meaning of kindness, and why it is important to have the courage to demonstrate it on a daily basis. They really liked your ideas, too.
I was scheduled to speak in a Grade 4/5 classroom soon after your presentation, and I asked the students what they thought of your message. Here are some of their comments:
- it will make us think of being more kind
- very good, very emotional
- really motivating, encouraging
- he (Brock Tully) had very deep thoughts and they inspired me
- exciting, mindblowing
- he’s cool, funny – tell him we think he has a cool mustache!
Many staff members admitted to shedding some tears of emotion. You certainly did reach our hearts today!
Best Wishes for your 2009 tour, Brock – thanks for coming!
Elementary School Counsellor
School District #23
South Kelowna Elementary